Wednesday, January 11, 2012

So many little pieces...

140 to be exact. 


Cutting fabric is not one of my favorite things to do. It can be frustrating when you slip and slice through a piece or your rotary cutter doesn't cut all the way through and you having to go back and snip threads. 

But I survived AND I learned the amazingness of a new rotary blade. Seriously, a new blade was SO nice. Its kind of like when you shave your legs (or I'm guessing like when you shave your face, I wouldn't know) and you've had an old razor for a while and then you switch to a new one. You know that amazing first shave? When you're like "Woah! I forgot my legs could be that smooth!" That's what having a new rotary blade is like.

140 pieces breaks down into...

8 (x5)       5.5" x 5.5" squares of each color
6 (x5)       2.5" x 7" strips of each color
40             5.5" x 5.5" squares of off-white
30             2.5" x 7" strips of off-white
140 pieces


Needless to say, it took a while. But now I am all ready to quilt and only have a bit more cutting left to do. Each of the squares will get turned into two triangles, bringing my piece count up to 220! And that's before any backing, binding or bordering!


Unless I get really motivated when I get home from tutoring, I think I may be done for the day. Not very exciting, I know, but I promise to actually get to some sewing tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to like this not having a real job thing.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment